At this point, you might be weighing the pros and cons of scheduling a consult or you might have some deeper questions about what we do. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions to help you get some clarification (after all, we know that confusion only leads to more stagnation, which is exactly what we want to avoid!)
I already know exactly what I’m supposed to be doing for my health…
It’s a great point. The thing is, MOST people know what they should generally be doing to improve their health—eat less sugar and exercise more, etc. In fact, many clients work with us precisely because there are so many things to focus on. They feel overwhelmed and don’t know what info to trust or where to start. Our experience is this: what you THINK you should be doing is often very different than what you ACTUALLY should be doing to make lasting changes for your own body and lifestyle. We clarify and simplify everything—based on research, not our own personal preferences—so that you can focus on the right things with the right approach.
How is Re4m Life’s Personal Health Strategizing any different from what I would get from a personal trainer, nutritionist, or health coach?
Great question! It’s VERY different and here’s why:
1) Every health professional tells you what you are supposed to do, but doesn’t tell you how to incorporate it into your life in a sustainable and meaningful way. It sounds simple, but it’s truly the reason we all struggle. Habits and behaviors are their own scientific specialty that few health professionals have training in.
2) The Re4m Life model was created by a psychologist and personal trainer who has specific expertise in understanding the complicated relationships between intentions, motivation, behaviors, habits, successes, failures, self-esteem, addiction cycles, sleep, exercise, nutrition, stress, and so on. Each of these domains is nuanced and complex, and is outside of the scope of knowledge and practice for most health professionals.
3) Most health professionals tend to have their “favorite things” that they inevitably recommend to everyone—their favorite protein powder, their favorite meals to make, their favorite way to organize their day, their favorite way to make big changes. The thing is, YOU are not THEM. You deserve your own, individualized guidance that’s often based on things you’ve never been asked about. WE ask those things. We recommend—and help you identify—what’s right for you and your life, brain, and body, not our “favorite things.”
4) Lastly, most health professionals give lots of advice. We don’t give advice. Advice-giving comes from a place of believing you know exactly what’s best for someone else. It assumes that you know more about the person than they know about themselves, including how their mind works. When you truly know behavioral science, you see advice-giving as unhelpful to a person’s progress. WE educate you on what the research says and collaboratively help you identify how to incorporate it into your own complex life. Through adaptation, we teach you how to approach your own patterns differently so you can do it on your own.
It seems like a lot of money…
We don’t take your investment lightly–and we don’t encourage people to get started with us unless we think they would truly benefit from our services. At the same time, it’s also true that most of our clients have at least some flexibility with how they spend their money. Whether we realize it or not, the way our money is allocated indicates where our true priorities lie.
• Buying daily coffees at $5 per drink means spending $1800 per year
• Many designer handbags cost more than our Health Strategy packages
• Most of us pay hundreds for our car each month to sit in it for just fractions of the day, but we spend little on our
own health despite living in our own skin 100% of the time
We understand that it’s important to have an external quality of life just as it’s important to feel good inside your own body. However, if you’re feeling dissatisfied with how you look or feel, it may be the right time to think about proactively shifting where you direct your resources now–while you can. Harsh truth: if you wait too long to make this shift, our reactive healthcare system will be thrilled to take WAY more of your money…just to treat your symptoms.
This sounds too good to be true. Why haven’t I heard about anyone else using this approach and how do I know I am getting the real deal?
Sadly, our healthcare system is broken. Not only is it reactive when it should be proactive, but it also largely regards the brain and the body as separate entities. You haven’t seen or heard of other organizations doing what we do because there is a serious lack of integration between all things health and lifestyle and all things brain and psychology–especially when it comes to our everyday lives. We know this gap all too well and we created something to fill it. Here’s how you know you’re getting the real deal: everything we do is backed by scientific research and we will happily provide you with studies should you want to see them. The only other way to know is to give it a try for yourself! We would love to answer all of your questions in a free consult.
How long does it typically take to get results?
The boring but honest answer is: it depends on the person and their level of commitment. The more you put in, the more you get out. If you’re thinking, “but what if that’s my problem?! I’m having a hard time putting enough time and energy into myself.” Schedule a consult right now. You’re in the right place at the right time.
I feel like I have my health habits pretty well figured out. Is this something I could still benefit from?
Absolutely! We specialize in optimizing habits and routines, even for people at the top of their game.. Trainers need trainers, coaches need coaches, therapists need therapists, and so on. There is huge depth to the science of wellbeing, and almost ALWAYS room for more integration of psychological and biological factors. Most of us never know what’s holding us back from the “next level” until we get an outside perspective. If you are thriving and want to take it to the next level towards performance and longevity, we got you.
I’m interested in buying but I’ve been stuck for so long that I doubt anything will be able to help me. Why should I try this if I haven’t been able to make anything else work so far?
If that’s been your experience, of course, you would be wondering if anything can help. And we know how frustrating and exhausting that is. What we can say is this: our program was designed specifically to help people like you who feel like they’re on a merry-go-round. Because our program walks you through research-backed approaches to changing your habits—and especially because we help you gain a greater understanding of your own patterns and “default settings” along the way—we guarantee that you notice progress toward your goals, or we will happily give you your money back*.
Is Personal Health Strategizing right for me?
While we have clients in all different stages of their health journey, there is a subset of people who won’t benefit as much from our services. Out of respect for your time and investment, we encourage you to consider “where you’re at” on the spectrum of change:
You are poised to achieve real benefits if…
- You are tired of feeling fatigued, stressed, overweight, stuck, insecure, etc.
- You are open to exploring ways of optimizing your patterns and health habits
- You feel ready (or at least willing) to make small, strategic changes in your life
- You are committed to “showing up” for yourself on a weekly basis, even if you’re not sure you can follow through
- You prefer to actively invest in yourself now, rather than being forced to pay later
You might NOT be ready if…
- You prefer feeling tired, stressed, anxious, insecure, etc. as long as you don’t have to self-reflect
- You aren’t open to new information or new ways of thinking
- You’re not ready to consider making small changes in your life
- You can’t commit to “showing up” for yourself, even if it’s only a few minutes a week
- You prefer to wait until you’re diagnosed with a health condition and have to pay for treatment
If you aren’t ready to consider making changes in your life, that’s ok—Personal Health Strategizing is not the right fit for you. If you’re not sure or if you fall into the first category, give us a call now (before your negative voice makes you question your gut) so we can dive in!